Athletic Registration - Online
New Online Sports Registration Program
The Dobbs Ferry School District is launching a new online sports registration program on October 17, 2016. It will ease the registration process and replace the hard-copy forms previously required for a student to participate on an athletic team. We are offering the convenience of registering online for sports teams throughFamilyID. To access FamilyID, click the following link: http://www.familyid.com/dobbs-ferry-schools
The Dobbs Ferry School District is launching a new online sports FamilyID is a secure registration platform that provides families with an easy, user-friendly way to register for our athletic programs, and helps us be more administratively efficient and environmentally responsible. When you register through FamilyID, the system keeps track of your information in your FamilyID profile. You will enter your demographics once and can make updates as needed.
Please make sure your child’s registration is complete by the deadlines listed below. Students will NOT be able to tryout until registration is complete and cleared by the school’s medical director.
- HEALTH APPRAISAL FORM (CURRENT PHYSICAL)
A physical exam is required for medical clearance and must have been completed within 12 months prior to the start of any sport season. Please upload the completed physical through FamilyID. (Note: It is important for parents to upload their child’s health appraisal as we do not have access to do so from here.)
- FamilyID ONLINE REGISTRATION
Must be completed within 30 days of the start of each sports season.
BEFORE YOU REGISTER:
The Dobbs Ferry School District offers a comprehensive athletic program committed to the development of physical fitness, personal growth, safety and achievement of excellence for our students. Any academically eligible student in grades 7-12 may try out for an interscholastic team. There are three sports seasons throughout the year (fall, winter and spring), and a student may participate in one sport per season. The below requirements must be met before participating. (All forms can be found under the “Athletics” tab on the Dobbs Ferry website or under the “Links” tab in FamilyID.)
Registration will be OPEN on the following dates:
- Varsity/Junior Varsity: July 24th - August 14th
- Modified: August 10th - August 28th
FALL START DATES:
- Varsity Football - Begins on August 14th
- All Other Varsity & JV Sports Begin -- August 21st
- Modified Begins November 28th
INFORMATION NEEDED TO REGISTER:
Please have the following information handy to allow for accurate completion of your online registration.
- Physician contact information
- List of student-athlete’s medications required during practice/competition (inhaler, EpiPen, etc.)
A parent/guardian should register by following these steps:
- To find your program, click on the above link and select the registration form under the word Programs.
- Click on the green Register Now button and scroll, if necessary, to the Create Account/Log In green buttons. If this is your first time using FamilyID, click Create Account. Click Log In, if you already have a FamilyID account.
- Create your secure FamilyID account by entering the account owner’s First and Last names (parent/guardian), e-mail address and password. Select I Agree to the FamilyID Terms of Service. Click Create Account.
- You will receive an e-mail with a link to activate your new account. If you don’t see the email, check your e-mail filters and spam/junk folder.
- Click on the link in your activation e-mail, which will log you into FamilyID.
- Once in the registration form, complete the information requested. All fields with a red* are required.
- Click the Save & Continue button when your form is complete.
- Review your registration summary.
- Click the green Submit button. After selecting “Submit,” the registration will be complete. You will receive a completion email from FamilyID confirming your registration.
At any time, you may log in at FamilyID to update your information and check your registration(s). To view a completed registration, select the “Registration” tab on the blue bar.
*** To access FamilyID, click the following link: http://www.familyid.com/dobbs-ferry-schools
- If you need assistance with registration, contact FamilyID at email@example.com or
call 888-800-5583 x1.
- Support is available seven days per week and messages will be promptly returned.
- HEALTH APPRAISAL FORM (CURRENT PHYSICAL)