Parent Safety & Security Information Night
PARENT SAFETY & SECURITY INFORMATION NIGHT
Wednesday, January 29, 2020
7:00 PM - HS/MS Library Media Center
The Dobbs Ferry School District is committed to providing a safe environment for students, staff and visitors and we take emergency preparedness very seriously. We hope you will attend this special meeting on school safety and security, which we hope will answer many of your questions and help you understand our emergency protocols.
Parents/Guardians often wonder . . .
- What are the emergency drills that students are practicing?
- What are the different types of emergencies that might arise?
- What do we expect of parents in the event of an emergency?
- What emergency training does staff go through?
- What are the daily security measures parents should know?
- What should you tell your child about emergency procedures?
The District has put together an Emergency Information Guide specifically for parents/guardians. Please review this information in advance of the meeting. It is also posted on the District website along with the District’s Safety & Emergency Management Plan.
Superintendent Dr. Lisa Brady and the School District’s Coordinator of Safety, Security & Emergency Preparedness Michael Nemeth will be facilitating the meeting. Other school/community emergency team members will also be present.
We look forward to seeing you on January 29th for this important presentation.