Athletic Registration - Online
Online Sports Registration Program
The Dobbs Ferry School District utilizes an online sports registration called FamilyID for all athletic registrations. To access FamilyID, click the following link: http://www.familyid.com/dobbs-ferry-schools
FamilyID is a secure registration platform that provides families with an easy, user-friendly way to register for our athletic programs, and helps us be more administratively efficient and environmentally responsible. When you register through FamilyID, the system keeps track of your information in your FamilyID profile. You will enter your demographics once and can make updates as needed.
Registration will be OPEN for 2020 Fall Sports on the following dates:
- Varsity & JV Sports: July 27 - August 16
- Modified Sports: August 11 - August 30
Please make sure your child’s registration is complete by the deadlines listed below. Students will NOT be able to tryout until registration is complete and cleared by the school’s physician.
- NYS SCHOOL HEALTH EXAMINATION FORM (CURRENT PHYSICAL)A physical exam is required for medical clearance and must have been completed within 12 months prior to the start of any sport season. Please upload the completed health examination form to FamilyID. (Note: It is important for parents to upload their child’s health examination form as we do not have access to do so from here.)
- FamilyID ONLINE REGISTRATION
Must be completed within 30 days of the start of each sports season.
BEFORE YOU REGISTER:
The Dobbs Ferry School District offers a comprehensive athletic program committed to the development of physical fitness, personal growth, safety and achievement of excellence for our students. Any academically eligible student in grades 7-12 may try out for an interscholastic team. There are three sports seasons throughout the year (fall, winter and spring), and a student may participate in one sport per season. The requirements below must be met before participating. (All forms can be found under the “Athletics” tab on the Dobbs Ferry website or under the “Links” section on the FamilyID homepage.)
INFORMATION NEEDED TO REGISTER:
Please have the following information handy to allow for accurate completion of your online registration.
- Physician contact information
- List of student-athlete’s medications required during practice/competition (inhaler, EpiPen, etc.)
A parent/guardian should register by following these steps:
- To access FamilyID, click the following link: http://www.familyid.com/dobbs-ferry-schools
- Select the registration form under the “Programs Section” on the homepage.
- Click on the green Register Now button and scroll, if necessary, to the Create Account/Log In green buttons. If this is your first time using FamilyID, click Create Account. Click Log In, if you already have a FamilyID account.
- Create your secure FamilyID account by entering the account owner’s First and Last names (parent/guardian), e-mail address and password. Select I Agree to the FamilyID Terms of Service. Click Create Account.
- You will receive an e-mail with a link to activate your new account. If you don’t see the email, check your e-mail filters and spam/junk folder.
- Click on the link in your activation e-mail, which will log you into FamilyID.
- Once in the registration form, complete the information requested. All fields with a red* are required.
- Click the Save & Continue button when your form is complete.
- Review your registration summary.
- Click the green Submit button. After selecting “Submit,” the registration will be complete. You will receive a completion email from FamilyID confirming your registration.
At any time, you may log in at FamilyID to update your information and check your registration(s). To view a completed registration, select the “Registration” tab on the blue bar.
ATHLETIC PLACEMENT PROCESS:
Incoming 7th and 8th graders interested in playing a Varsity or JV sport in the Fall must take the Athletic Placement Physical Fitness Test. Information on this process can be found on the Athletic website under Resources or in the Athletic Office. Two requirements need to be met BEFORE taking this test -- your tanner score on your physical must be met for the specific sport you are trying out for and you will need a signed copy of the Parent Permission slip.
The Athletic Placement Physical Fitness Test will be given on -- TBD.
If you need assistance with registration, contact FamilyID at firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Call 888-800-5583 x1.
- Support is available seven days per week and messages will be promptly returned.
If you have any questions about registration, dates, sports offered, athletic placement process etc. please do not hesitate to contact the Athletic Office at 914-693-3761 or email@example.com