New Student Registration
If this is your first child to enroll in the Dobbs Ferry School District.
Click on the Online Registration link. This will bring you to the Dobbs Ferry Parent Portal screen
Click on Online Registration as shown below and complete the form. This starts the registration process for your child.
(No login is required on the Parent Portal screen for online registration)
(CHROME is the preferred browser for completing this Online Registration)
If you already have children enrolled in the Dobbs Ferry School District and you have a Parent Portal account, log into the Parent Portal
Click on Register New Student (top right), as shown below:
- Once you have submitted the form, you will receive an email confirmation.
- Once this email is received, please contact the Registrar to schedule an appointment to submit the registration documentation required (see below).
- Your registration is not complete, and students cannot be scheduled, until this documentation has been received by the District.
Required Registration Documents & Forms
To register a student the following documents must be presented to the Registrar.
Proof of Residency
You are asked to provide the following proofs of residency:
- ONE of the following pertaining to a home in the District:
- A Mortgage or Closing Statement
- A Notarized (by both landlord and lessee) Signed Lease
- A Notarized Rent Receipt
- In addition, required in conjunction with the lease when the name on the lease is different from parent name and utilities are included in the rent, or in the absence of a lease:
- Affidavit of Property Owner/Landlord
- In addition, copies of any TWO of the following documents must be submitted:
- Property Tax Bill
- Telephone Bill
- Gas & Electric Utility Bill
- Water Bill
- Driver's License/Picture ID
- Oil Company Bill
- Insurance Bill
- Bank Statement
- Voter Registration Card
Proof of Birth
To determine the student's age, you are asked to provide ONE of the following:
- Birth Certificate
Proof of Custody
If you, as a parent or guardian, are separated, divorced, or have custody as the result of a court order agreement, a fully-executed copy of the court order or agreement must be submitted. Please provide ONE of the following:
- Court-issued Legal Guardianship Papers
- Court Order granting custody
- Court Appointment as Foster Parent
- Affidavits from parent surrendering control and person assuming responsibility for student
- PARENT'S STATEMENT - Please complete, sign, and notarize.
Academic Transcript/Record of Grades Release Form
Complete the applicable Records Release Authorization Form for each previous school your child attended:
- SPRINGHURST ELEMENTARY RECORDS RELEASE AUTHORIZATION FORM
- MIDDLE/HIGH SCHOOL RECORDS RELEASE AUTHORIZATION FORM
- OTHER RECORDS
- CURRENT REPORT CARD
- OFFICIAL HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT
Acceptable Use Policy for Internet Access
- ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY - Please review the policy with your child, and return the last page signed by both the parent/guardian and student.
HEALTH FORMS & REQUIREMENTS
- WELCOME TO THE HEALTH OFFICE
- HEALTH & DENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- NYS IMMUNIZATION REQUIREMENTS FOR SCHOOL - (All students entering Kindergarten & all students transferring into the District must present a verified copy of all immunizations.)
- PHYSICAL HEALTH EXAM FORM (performed within the past 12 months)
- DENTAL CERTIFICATE
- AUTHORIZATION FOR THE ADMINISTRATION OF MEDICATION (if applicable)
- ALLERGY/MEDICATION ADMINISTRATION FORM (if applicable)
- ASTHMA MEDICATION ADMINISTRATION FORM (if applicable)
Other Forms - if applicable
- STUDENT RESIDENCY QUESTIONAIRE - This questionaire is intended to address the McKinney-Vento Act 42 U.S.C. 11435. If your current living arrangements are temporary due to loss of housing or economic hardship, please complete the Student Residency Questionaire and bring to registration.
- COMMITTEE ON SPECIAL EDUCATION AUTHORIZATION TO RELEASE INFORMATION - Please complete this form only if applicable. Students who are classified for Special Education must forward all IEP documentation prior to meeting with Pupil Personnel Services.