Welcome to School Dismissal Manager
Welcome to School Dismissal Manager! Using School Dismissal Manager with your desktop or smartphone browser, you can quickly and easily update instructions when your child's dismissal needs to be changed. School Dismissal Manager notifies the school of your updates so it is no longer necessary for you to phone the school, send notes, or send an email to inform the school of dismissal changes. School Dismissal Manager will provide us with a more organized and efficient tracking system for afternoon dismissals.
The easy-to-use mobile and desktop interface will allow you to make these changes in advance or for the current day. You can also report absences, early dismissals, and even schedule recurring dismissal instructions for after-school activities. Free apps are also available for Android and iPhone users.
You will need to download the School Dismissal Manager App in order to facilitate your self-check-in upon
arrival to our campus at dismissal time. All parents will receive an email with their parent credentials in order to
login to SDM. We encourage you to have the App downloaded on your phone & open when you arrive at
school to scan the QR code during dismissal. Download the app here - please scroll down for “SDM Apps for
Apple and Android.” IMPORTANT: Returning parents need to UNINSTALL last year’s App before installing the
We have already assigned your child a ''default'' dismissal which is their routine dismissal and is based on the information we currently have. Examples include, but are not limited to: Bus Color, Car Rider, or Walker.
When creating an exception for the current day, please note that the cut-off times are as follows:
- 1:00 PM - Regular Dismissal Days
- 12:00 PM - Wednesday - 1 Hour Early Dismissal
- 9:30 AM - Early Dismissals Prior to Lunch
After the cut-off time, you will need to call the school office to make any changes for the current day.
We will be utilizing FastLane for our Car Line and Parent Walk-up dismissals. Please know there will be a series of questions asked when setting up your student’s FastLane dismissal. It is best to select Any Parent of <student’s name> for your family’s pick person so that all members will have their Parent PIN number accessible on the day of pickup should that pickup person change last minute. Click here for more information.
Here are a few Fast Facts that you will need to know for getting started:
- New parents will be issued a username and temporary password . Returning parents can use their existing parent login credentials. Please use these to login to SDM at www.schooldismissalmanager.com.
- The Parent Login area is found at the top right of the SDM homepage.
- When you login for the first time, you will be required to change your password immediately.
- Please refer to the Parent Guide for Creating Exceptions and Parent How-To videos upon login for details on how to use the system. For a Spanish version of the Parent How-To video click here.
- As you begin to use School Dismissal Manager, if you have questions, please check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) link found in the Parent login area at the top of the SDM homepage. Here, you will find answers to the most commonly asked questions. If your question remains unanswered after checking here, please contact the school office and we will be happy to assist you further.
- When you start to receive the email notifications of changes or cancellations that are made for your child, please keep in mind that hitting Reply or Reply All on those emails does not reply to the school. If you need to respond to a notification (i.e., to inform the school it is incorrect, provide additional details, etc.) please call the school directly at (914) 693-1503 ext. 3, and talk with someone in the office.
- Do not use the Recurring Dismissal feature to put in your child's ''default'' dismissal.
- Each school day, School Dismissal Manager will send a comprehensive dismissal report to the school immediately following the cut-off time, allowing administrators and staff to facilitate a smooth dismissal.
Thank you for using this tool to help us keep the dismissal process safe and orderly for all our students. Please contact our office at (914) 693-1503 ext. 3, if you have any questions or concerns.
Julia D. Drake